Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Birthday Blessings




Today my beautiful husband is having a birthday! I thought it would be nice to reflect on all that he has added to my life (in a good way because I'm always telling him the bad things)! James is so gentle and so relaxed (most of the time) that it brings a sense of calm to my existence. When the world seems to be falling apart, (the truck needs 4 new tires, the Lexus needs new tires, the washing machine is broken indefinitely, the baby is sick, at least 2 out of 6 kids are pushing their luck, my students are reflecting the full moon, and we are out of milk AGAIN), in those times my husband just shuts our bedroom door and fills the jaccuzzi tub up and we get in and just relax... He is so good at grounding me and making me realize that life is precious and we really are blessed. He is also really good at MAKING me focus on the good things and not stay mad too long~~ like the time we were fussing at each other and had gone our separate ways to relax (and clean) and he came to me when he was calmed down and asked me if I had calmed down and when my response was "NO" and "LEAVE ME ALONE, I'M CLEANING THE SHOWER!" he simply reached in and turned the shower on with me in it, fully dressed, and got in and we took a shower, did I already say we were fully clothed?? Happy, happy birthday baby! I love you!

No comments: