Thursday, March 12, 2009

Running mama

It's official. I'm a running mama! I ran three miles tonight. It was a blessed event. My friend Shannon said that she used to pray while she ran. I thought that was a great idea. By the time I get outside to run it's usually getting dark so I'm praying anyway (not to be attacked by a dog, not to be kidnapped by a creepo, not to fall on an imaginary rock) but tonight I prayed for my family, friends, blogger friends, and I was really convicted (I prayed for you too Shan). The most amazing feeling came over me. I was praying and thrusting my arms out to the side asking God to change me and I had to open my arms so he could fill all of me. It was so great. I was listening to my new IPOD, shouting out the lyrics to a Veggie Tales song and just basking in the greatness of my God... Wow...

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that I did NOT do my 200 sit ups or push ups last night. I tried. I promise I did, but I just could not do that many. I did seventy five of each. Tonight I'll try for more! :0(

1 comment:

Shannon Hartz said...

Thank you so much for including me. Okay, we have a date- after I pop out this baby and pull myself back together:) - we have a running date:)