Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday

I always hear people talk about how good Fridays are and about the amazing weekend the are anticipating. I'm sure I have even participated in some Friday rants. So it really struck me as odd when I woke up this morning and I wasn't in a good mood. It's Friday! I SHOULD be in a good mood.

But I'm not.

I mean... I'm not terrible. But I've been better.

It's even a three day weekend for me. Yet, here I sit. Wishing desperately that I were home and under the covers. Alone. Feeling grumpy.

I miss my babies (I've lost two babies in the past year). I miss the future that I thought would be mine. I miss the snuggles that I assumed would consume me today. I miss times I never had and a life I never knew.

I just want Jesus to carry me though today. I find so much comfort in the words of a Kerrie Roberts song. She sings, "Before a heartache can ever touch my life, it has to go through your hands."

Jesus must have strong hands...

No comments: